Re: NSPopUpButton bug

From: Gregory John Casamento
Subject: Re: NSPopUpButton bug
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2006 21:41:08 -0700 (PDT)

All,

I noticed that the problem was expounded upon later.

Yes, thank you Chris, I realize what widgets people use is out of our hands.  Thanks for that. :)

First and foremost, if this is happening it is, without and doubt, a bug in NSPopUpButton.  That's not what I was saying earlier. :)

What I was trying to say is that, from a GUI usability perspective, I don't think that using the NSPopUpButton widget is the best choice to display a REALLY REALLY long list of items, especially if that list is going to be longer than the screen.   As a user, that would bother me, since it would constantly have to scroll down or up the item in a very awkward way.

It's perhaps better to use a NSTableView to display the list or a NSBrowser.

Later,
--
Gregory John Casamento