Re: really attracting developers

From: Andreas Höschler
Subject: Re: really attracting developers
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2006 15:41:43 +0200

Hi all,

While it can be argued that much of the problem can be addressed via a new color scheme, that's only the beginning of the problem.  Users have begun to expect theming from any environment they work on...  so it's natural the GNUstep needs to support this.

Since Etoile introduced some bugs we have no time to track down right now I would like to check out how far we get with an alternative color scheme.

I started with

defaults write NSGlobalDomain windowBackgroundColor "0.98 0.98 0.98"
defaults write NSGlobalDomain controlBackgroundColor "0.9 0.9 0.9"
defaults write NSGlobalDomain scrollBarColor "0.85 0.85 0.85"
defaults write NSGlobalDomain controlBackgroundColor "0.98 0.98 0.98"

and realized that this approach might lead to a more acceptable result. I would love to know which settingssee the output of

defaults read NSGlobalDomain

you guys use. Is there a collection of color schemes somewhere on the net that we could try out? Testing out any single setting/modification is a bit cumbersome.

Thanks a lot!

Regards,

Andreas