Re: These NeXTbuntu guys

From: Andrew Sveikauskas
Subject: Re: These NeXTbuntu guys
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2006 11:45:27 -0400

Out of curiosity I googled "nextbuntu" to see if they've managed to put up any material other than a blog. It seems they have already been lectured about this on Ubuntu forums this past July:

http://www.ubuntuforums.org/archive/index.php/t-214470.html

(see the post by cbv)

It's interesting, because in that thread the Ubuntu people are enthusiastic about this. As they should be, if it were going anywhere. I have to say that, if someone (someone competent, obviously) were to do for GNUstep what Ubuntu did for Gnome, that'd be great. I installed Ubuntu on a friend's system recently and was shocked at how well done it was. It makes a great Linux for a total novice who would otherwise be running Windows.