Re: install problems on SuSE 10.1

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: install problems on SuSE 10.1
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2006 16:11:23 +0100

tgate schrieb:
> The next hurdle - Segmentation Fault with everything.
>
> So thanks to your help all the gnustep tools seemed to configure, make,
> and install without any problem what-so-ever.  However, when I try and
> run either one of the example apps or even Gorm I get a warning:
> "mouse/pointer seems to have more than 5 buttons - just using one to
> five"  (I have a three button mouse with a scroll wheel)  and then a
> Segmentation Fault which I imagine is unrelated to the warning.

Yes, the warning is unrelated. I did switch it off a few days ago as it
did annoy me. Somehow X thinks that my scroll wheel mouse has 9 buttons,
which I clearly cannot detect :-)

To find out about your segmentation fault you need to provide a bit more
information. One way to do so is to run the GNUstep application within a
debuger, debugapp instead of openapp should do the trick. When the
segmentation fault happens print out a back trace (bt) and send this to
the mailing list. You should also redo the configuration of GNUstep from
scratch and have a look at the reported problems.

Cheers
Fred