Re: Cocotron

From: Renaud Molla
Subject: Re: Cocotron
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2006 16:54:43 +0100

//
// Sorry for <Richard Frith-Macdonald> that may read this message twice,
// I replied to him but didn't post the message to the mailing list.
//

I agree with you,
depending on one's knowledge of computers/systems (and many other things), the focus when
comparing systems may be very different.
Unexperienced users may find themselves lost with 'exotic' screen arrangement (menus, scrollbars ;-), etc. ) and consider something is crap when compared to other things because they can't compare using other means because
they don't have the knowledge to do so.
However, software developers (should) try to view their product with the end user point of view, therefore, no matter how elegant the backend design can be, if it was to be classified as garbage by the users,
this design would simply be discarded.

So in the end, this leads to the use of other APIs like Qt to develop cross platforms products.