Re: SimpleWebKit (was GNUstep Web browser (was Re: WebKit Bounty))

From: Yen-Ju Chen
Subject: Re: SimpleWebKit (was GNUstep Web browser (was Re: WebKit Bounty))
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2007 08:42:26 -0800

On 3/6/07, Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller <hns@computer.org> wrote:
Nicola,
there is no reason why you can't do that with SimpleWebKit (so it is
not a "rather").

I estimate that implementing NSAttributedString -initWithHTML: around
the WebKit API is just 20-30 LOC.

Nikolaus

Am 06.03.2007 um 16:04 schrieb Nicola Pero:

> Personally, I would rather see a basic xhtml TextConverter bundle
> for gnustep-gui so that
> we can finally write our local help files in xhtml rather than
> rtf. ;-)
>
> Thanks

 I agree with GJC that it is a big duplicate to have our own web browser.
 But I also agree with Nicola that we need some basic xhtml view  for
text conversion,
 GNUMail and Grr have to render  xhtml in many cases.
 And if I remembered it correctly, they both have a simple
implementation inside
 to deal with HTML content.

 Yen-Ju