Re: European GNUstep Developer's Meeting

From: Gerold Rupprecht
Subject: Re: European GNUstep Developer's Meeting
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 12:42:05 +0000

On 2007-05-15 00:12:07 +0000 Fred Kiefer <fredkiefer@gmx.de> wrote:

hns@computer.org wrote:
No more opinions/wishes so far?

-> Gregory? Fred? Richard? Nicola?

Oops, sorry for not replying earlier. I was travelling in England for a
few days and now after coming back I am loaded with other work to do.

But yes, I would love to have another GNUstep meeting this year. One
benefit from this could be a better integration of the summer of code
students. And seeing all these great people working on Etoile would also
be great, they were too busy during FOSDEM to talk to :-)

I would not mind to go to northern Italy, the food is so much better
there then in Switzerland. But the later is of course closer for me. And
the place in France that Gerold suggested sounds also nice.

Cheers,
Fred

Dear Fred and fellow GNUsteppers,

I have spoken with Niklaus Schaller this morning. We discussed Alpenstep and fixing a date and place.

Niklaus will be presenting a paper at a four day conference in Denmark. There is a strong possibility that he can make it for Alpenstep at Les Marecottes on the weekend of September 1st. He has to find out which day he presents and is still waiting for a reply before giving a final answer. He suggests we go ahead with Les Marecottes for the weekend Sept. 1-2.

Let's decide for the place and date for Alpenstep as soon as possible so everyone can advance their preparations.

Fred, how are you for this date and place (Les Marecottes, September 1-2)?

Several of us think your presence will be very important. Can you confirm your presence?

Gurkan and myself are confirmed.

Riccardo Mottola has tentatively confirmed (needs to confirm with his work).

Can we get confirmations now for all others wishing to participate (Gregory? Fred? Richard? Nicola?)

I need to know the following:
        Number of persons in your travel group?
        Estimated arrival date and time?
        Length of stay?
        Airport pickup?
        Special needs?
        Food allergies?

Note that Gurkan will bring a projector and two network switches. I will bring two PC's and my NeXTstation.

We ask you to bring a network cable if required.

Remember to bring an electricity adapter for your computer if required.

Any comments or suggestions welcome.

I will update the wiki page based on your feedback.

Sincerely,

Gerold

--
Gerold Rupprecht
10 rue Louis-Curval

Tel./Fax        (41) 022 347 73 96

() Join the ASCII ribbon campaign against HTML mail and Microsoft attachments. /\ Software patents are endangering the computer industry all around the world.
   Join the LPF:        http://lpf.ai.mit.edu/  http://petition.eurolinux.org/

   Say no to OOXML -Microsoft's broken standard