Re: NSInvocation return value location

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: NSInvocation return value location
Date: Mon, 01 Dec 2008 23:12:55 +0100

Hi,

Having only one implementation would be simpler, certainly. Ffcall seems to be built by default (it's what I had without specifying which to use). Are there some platforms where only ffcall works? If not, I'd be in favour of deprecating it...

ffcall works usually very well for me and it has some supported platforms which work less well with ffi. Actually, sometimes, ffcall works really well but its configure script gets the parameters wrong, unfortuantely upstream does not mess its absurd configure file. The NetBSD guys patched it in their pkgsrc now.... but so it goes on years and years of patches.

--Ric