Re: a collective introduction of all sites related to gnustep

From: Dennis Leeuw
Subject: Re: a collective introduction of all sites related to gnustep
Date: Mon, 04 May 2009 18:43:10 +0200

Zhang Weiwu wrote:
During I am trying to look for information about setting up my own gnustep based desktop, I found I have to look information and download software pieces from here and there. With new input from Stefan Bidigaray here is the updated my notes about the information / projects
I come across.

GNUStep Library http://gnustep.made-it.com/

  Looks like a document collection website for gnustep and its
  applications (e.g. GNUMail. The site did not describe which project
  it belongs to, suggesting it is a standalone project. Many documents
  on this library is the main source referred from. Not sure who are
  maintaining and who to contact if user wants to contribute or
  correct / ask documents.

This is/was my project to help the GNUstep project... the last time I actually worked on it I was trying to write man-pages for all the GNUstep tools and I had the arrangement with Enrico to incorporate the GWorkspace Guide into the GWorkspace source directory. But March last year I lost my dad and in June I lost my job. Due to the amount of stress and work involved in coping with both situations I didn't do anything on GNUstep, even my own laptop is far behind... and to be honest I do not know when I will find the time and energy to work on it again.

Most Guides are written in DocBook and the GWorkspace Guide is written in tex, the man-pages are of course in nroff. Images are all done with the GIMP.

The entire directory tree with all the parts is a bit of a mess, but if anyone is willing to maintain all or part of it I am willing to hand it over. Or if someone wants to put everything into the wiki even better.

Greetings,

Dennis