Re: to make newbie more comfortable and easier to glance:suggestion on c

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: to make newbie more comfortable and easier to glance:suggestion on change frontpage of gap
Date: Sun, 10 May 2009 12:57:34 +0200

Hi,

GAP is just one of the many GNUstep projets aiming to provide an
environment. Currently I know of three bigger ones: GAP itself, Etoile and
Backbone. Without commenting the different decisions and choices that
characterize each project, I stress the point that software index should be
the main access point for the GNUstep website, thus it should be neutral
regarding to any project and evenm ore to applications not belonging to a
project.

However, it might make sense to "tag" an application as belonging to one or
the other project, thus allowing to filter. This could even lead to an URI
accessible extrernally to each project in the following way, for example:

<URL><paramteres>&project=gap
or
<URL><paramteres>&project=etoile

this could be linked from the porject page.

Riccardo

----
"hns" <hns@computer.org> wrote in message
0a361754-bd48-4747-8c4b-7da4f8f3d8be@r34g2000vba.googlegroups.com">news:0a361754-bd48-4747-8c4b-7da4f8f3d8be@r34g2000vba.googlegroups.com...
On 10 Mai, 01:46, Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf <lars.sonchocky-