Re: ANNOUNCE: Terminal v0.9.5

From: Gregory John Casamento
Subject: Re: ANNOUNCE: Terminal v0.9.5
Date: Wed, 27 May 2009 05:16:32 -0700 (PDT)

A fork implies new functionality or some philosophical difference.  Neither is the case here.

In this case, Terminal had not even been capable of being compiled without some modification for about 2 years since it had a few very simple errors in it's source code which (to my knowledge) are still uncorrected.  I didn't see this as a fork so much as a continuance of maintenance.  Both Riccardo and I naturally had assumed it was dead, so we took it over.

We will discuss a name change to avoid confusion, if you are going to continue to maintain the existing version in Backbone.

Later, GC
Gregory Casamento -- Principal Consultant - OLC, Inc
# GNUstep Chief Maintainer