Re: Vindaloo - open a PDF from the command line

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: Vindaloo - open a PDF from the command line
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 2010 07:30:16 +0100

On 14 Apr 2010, at 23:10, Gregory Casamento wrote:

> One thing that should be noted is that OSX will accept things on the
> command line without the "NSOpen" option.   I tested this.   I don't
> think this works on GNUstep.

It doesn't happen automatically on GNUstep ... that would presumably need some
support in NSApplication to look through the command line for file names, and
try to open each one.

Unless it is just left up to the individual application to support it ... in
which case it *would* work on GNUstep if you ported an app which happens to
open its command line arguments.

Certainly not all applications on OSX will open command line arguments as
documents (I just tried TextEdit which does, and MuseScore which doesn't)  but
that might just be because some apps don't support the standard mechanisms for
opening documents (eg. this feature might only work for apps using
NSDocumentController).