why --enable-auto-import ?

From: gnustepnewbie
Subject: why --enable-auto-import ?
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 2010 03:49:26 -0700 (PDT)

When compiling hello.m below

#import <Foundation/Foundation.h>

int main (int argc, const char * argv[])
{
        NSAutoreleasePool * pool = [[NSAutoreleasePool alloc] init];

        NSLog (@"hello world");
        [pool drain];
        return 0;
}

with

gcc -o hello hello.m -I /GNUstep/System/Library/Headers -L
/GNUstep/System/Library/Libraries -lobjc -lgnustep-base
-fconstant-string-class=NSConstantString

It did create a workable exe but it output this warning: auto-importing has
been activated without --enable-auto-import

When I add it at the end it says: unrecognized '-fenable-auto-import'