Re: Sony SNAP

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: Sony SNAP
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2010 18:08:33 +0000

On 19 Nov 2010, at 17:16, Jason Lincoln wrote:

> Does anyone have some background on the Sony SNAP decision to use GNUStep.
>
> http://snap.sonydeveloper.com/

Nope.  It doesn't look like they contacted anyone in the GNUstep community,
which is odd given that they credit us in lots of places and link directly to
our documentation...

> Anyone get things working in Eclipse Ganymede?  It seems the CDT doesn't
> support ObjC any longer.

No idea.  I mainly use vim for Objective-C at the moment.  I've been working on
SourceCodeKit for Étoilé, which now does some very nice syntax highlighting[1]
and error reporting[2] for Objective-C and builds an index of all of the
class/category/method declarations and definitions for a class browser.
Nicolas should be integrating this all into CodeMonkey Real Soon Now™.

David

[1] http://etoileos.com/news/archive/2010/10/15/1401/
[2] http://theravensnest.org/error.png