Re: www.gnustep.org should change screenshot

From: Banlu Kemiyatorn
Subject: Re: www.gnustep.org should change screenshot
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2010 21:28:58 +0700

On Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 9:22 PM, David Chisnall <theraven@sucs.org> wrote:
> On 6 Dec 2010, at 14:16, Banlu Kemiyatorn wrote:
>
>> And programmers expect to see screenshots from screenshots page and not the
>> about page?
>

> Programmers, like everyone else, have short attention spans.  The front page
> needs to give them enough incentive to stay and look at the other pages.
>
> Be honest, how long have you spent browsing around the WxWidgets or Tk pages?
>  We need (small) images and lists of shiny features of GNUstep that make
> people actually want to spend time reading the rest of the page.

If you mean a glimpse on the front page then yes I am okay with that.
But if you mean a screenshot page dedicated for randomly posted
screenshots rather an about page that have all descriptions and images
(that is not a whole screen capture but like a program window or
related group for each) structured in a step by step form that
programmers should follow then I don't know why that screenshot page
is better.

--
    .----.     Banlu Kemiyatorn
  /.../\...\   Free Software Yogi