Re: Using GCC 4.5 on GNUStep

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: Using GCC 4.5 on GNUStep
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 11:55:44 +0000

On 14 Dec 2010, at 00:54, Nicola Pero wrote:

> But I don't see why not.  The only change in the ABI in GCC 4.6 is really the
> addition of the few additional runtime functions used by the compiler when
> synthesizing property accessors, which should be trivial to add to libobjc2
> (if not there yet).

libobjc2 provides the same property functions as the Apple runtime (and the
ObjectiveC2 framework in GNUstep).  If GCC 4.6 uses these, then it should be
fine.  If it doesn't, then I'd suggest you change that before 4.6 is released,
because it will make maintaining the compiler difficult in the future and will
mean that GCC's libobjc won't work with code that has declared properties and
is compiled with clang.

David

-- Sent from my STANTEC-ZEBRA