Re: Using GCC 4.5 on GNUStep

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: Using GCC 4.5 on GNUStep
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 13:19:20 +0100 (CET)

> libobjc2 provides the same property functions as the Apple runtime
> (and the ObjectiveC2 framework in GNUstep).  If GCC 4.6 uses these,
> then it should be fine.  If it doesn't, then I'd suggest you change
> that before 4.6 is released, because it will make maintaining the
> compiler difficult in the future and will mean that GCC's libobj
> won't work with code that has declared properties and is compiled
> with clang.

GCC 4.6 uses the same functions as the Apple runtime, with the exception
of objc_copyStruct(), which was designed wrong in the Apple runtime
and has been replaced in the GNU Objective-C Runtime ABI by the couple
of functions

objc_setPropertyStruct()
objc_getPropertyStruct()

So, I guess libobjc2 would need these two (trivial functions) to work
with GCC 4.6.

Thanks