Re: GNUstep on OpenBSD..

From: Wolfgang Lux
Subject: Re: GNUstep on OpenBSD..
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 13:20:06 +0100

Sebastian Reitenbach wrote:

However, with the port I have the following problem:
when I start SystemPreferences, then I see on the console the following error:
Error (objc-load): File not found
and short after that, a error message window shows up, stating the following:

Bad pane bundle at: /usr/local/lib/GNUstep/Bundles/Defaults.prefPane!

But I have those files at the location:
$ ls -l /usr/local/lib/GNUstep/Bundles/Defaults.prefPane
total 208
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root  bin    102302 Dec 14 08:32 Defaults.so
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel     512 Dec 14 08:36 Resources
-rw-r--r--  1 root  bin        39 Dec 14 08:32 stamp.make
$ ls -l /usr/local/lib/GNUstep/Bundles/Defaults.prefPane/Resources/
total 28
-rwxr-xr-x  1 root  bin    9504 Dec 14 08:32 Defaults.tiff
drwxr-xr-x  3 root  wheel   512 Dec 14 08:36 English.lproj
-rw-r--r--  1 root  bin     279 Dec 14 08:32 Info-gnustep.plist

and I don't know why SystemPreferences thinks there is a problem.
If someone could point me into the right direction where I should poke to
figure out what's wrong would be great.

I guess, the problem is the name of the bundle executable, which has an .so extension in your listing. Normally, this should be simply Defaults without an extension, so it looks like your modifications to gnustep-make are not correct. You might keep the .so suffix, but in that case you'll have to correct Info-gnustep.plist as well. The filename given under the NSExecutable key must match the name of the bundle's executable.

Wolfgang