Re: GNOME Theme Improvements....

From: Banlu Kemiyatorn
Subject: Re: GNOME Theme Improvements....
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2010 10:42:30 +0700

On Wed, Dec 29, 2010 at 1:16 AM, David Chisnall <theraven@sucs.org> wrote:

> The in-window menu is very important for integration with foreign
> environments, such as Windows and GNOME, because that is how all of the other
> applications on the system behave.  It doesn't matter how much better
> Mac-style top-of-screen menu bars or NeXT-style menu bars are in theory -
> they are much worse if you are the only application that does it.

"much worse" doesn't mean it's worse than nothing. But really I just
want this for myself as a user, not a GNOME user.

I personally think that top-window version is better for the mass and
our future too, especially on the early state that not people would
care porting their app over GNOME, but I can't really know for sure
beside that it won't make much change to the economics while a Windows
integration could, where these Mac/NeXT styles is out of the
discussion.

--
    .----.     Banlu Kemiyatorn
  \/      \/   http://groundzerostudiocomplex.blogspot.com (Studio Research)