Re: GNUstep SoftWare Index - new project home and sources of the tool

From: Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller
Subject: Re: GNUstep SoftWare Index - new project home and sources of the tool
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2011 20:54:33 +0100

Am 08.01.2011 um 20:23 schrieb Banlu Kemiyatorn:

> 2011/1/9 Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller <hns@goldelico.com>:
>>> No spam for both. One thing not really related to this but the SWI
>>> keeps rejecting me submitting a new app because I didn't type the
>>> human verification code correctly but I did.
>>
>> Please submit a bug report if it is repeatable. I just tested and it appears
>> to work. Please note that there is a trick behind the verification code.
>
> Strange. It happened yesterday.

Please try again and document the steps and error messages etc.

>>> If you put one or two persons who should code or learn to code for
>>> GNUstep to maintain a full features web app then there's even less
>>> people to help with the actual product.
>>
>> I have spent less than 5% of time on SWI compared to GNUstep code...
>> It was originally developed for a different purpose and just reused
>> for GNUstep.
>
> Ok.
>

>>> Clean up is just a matter of revert, but as I said that bot with front
>>> end would do the job with extra benefits and possibly less code.
>>
>> Please write a prototype and install it somewhere and let us test it.
>> Then we can do more than guessing and exchanging opinions.
>>

> Ah! I am not interested by doing that as I never said I want any SWI

You could have discussed it when it was introduced some years ago...
I have announced the first version on this list. And some changes later on.

> and won't do that just because I think it should be done my way. ie. I

Well, you are free to think that it should be done in your way.
And, if you think something *should* be done, please start to *do* it.
I will be happy if you come up with a better solution. But we need a
solution and not just pros and cons.

> just wonder why it was not done that way.

So let's end this fruitless discussion here at this point which starts to
really take off time from more important topics.

Happy Obj-C-ing,
Nikolaus