Re: MacPorts GNUstep

From: Andrea D'Amore
Subject: Re: MacPorts GNUstep
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 20:20:03 +0200

On Fri, Apr 15, 2011 at 5:36 PM, Ivan Vučica <ivucica@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is it possible to add something beside file:// and rsync:// repositories
> without requiring people to manually 'svn up' or 'hg pull && hg up'? The
> idea is that any updates get automatically pulled at 'port selfupdate &&
> port upgrade outdated' without thinking about them.

That's what I was suggesting a couple email ago, using a svn checkout
as local (file://) ports tree will get it updated via svn on a "sync"
action.
>From man page:
"If any of the ports tree(s) uses a file: URL that points to a local
subversion working copy, sync will perform an svn update on the
working copy with the user set to the owner of the working copy"

A "selfupdate" action will update port command itself and then run a
"sync" action.

> I'd go with stable, too, but this has 'worked once upon a time', so there's
> greater possibility it can quickly work for a greater amount of people.

I'm not sure how well it has ever worked (I never built it myself),
maybe the "once upon a time" was one or two major system versions ago.
Again it's just up to personal taste.

--
Andrea