Re: German Keyboard support...

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: German Keyboard support...
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2011 18:26:24 +0100

Hi,
my change was specific to X and even there it wont affect any code that did not filter out the alternate modifier key events as special code specifically. As far as I am aware only Terminal does so and this certainly wont work on Windows.
You are right, it was in the x11 backend only.

The problem Greg seems to refer to is on Windows and neither from him, nor from the original reporter did I get any specific information what is going wrong there. Something as simple as saying pressing "@" results in "q" would really help to reproduce the problem. In Greg's case I am sure he did not "see" the problem, more likely he heard about it. It is this ignorance that stopped me from actually installing GNUstep on a physical Windows machine to see for myself.
Indeed, his post was quite amateurish. If he had a German keyboard, he would have been... more precise. Let's wait for further details. I run on a native Windows machine. Usually problems are shared with Italian keyboards, but in case I have a German around too.

Riccardo