Opal backend (was: GNUstep-corebase to be released next week)

From: Ivan Vučica
Subject: Opal backend (was: GNUstep-corebase to be released next week)
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2012 11:32:00 +0200

Indeed, replacing Cairo as the default (and documenting that Opal should be
installed before -back for best results) is probably the best way to go for the
future. Something like this would be required to properly integrate CA, too;
otherwise, -lockFocus would have to be used and any painting done in the
current CG context would be applied before or after painting done with
-lockFocus (which is probably incorrect).

Expanding use of Opal will be a good way to uncover any lingering bugs. A few
of them are currently listed (and #ifdef'd) inside quartzcore's code, and I'll
make a list at some point documenting them.