Re: Installing GNUstep using MacPorts

From: Kevin Ingwersen
Subject: Re: Installing GNUstep using MacPorts
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2013 09:03:19 +0100

I first make’d the gnustep-make stuff and prefixed it into /opt/GNUstep
Then I went and configured gnustep-base the same way and prefixed it into
/opt/GNUstep too. Then I just ran make.
libobjc does not want to compile at all, because i am getting a lot of errors
with the assembly code (something like „.type“ being undefined/unknown etc.
Might be a clang issue).
The file that’s being compiled is:

Making all for subproject Additions...
 Compiling file GSObjCRuntime.m …

According to the README in ‚macosx/README‘, the Additions project is actually
not volunteered and was last used in 10.3…and ./configure —help gives me no
option to skip it either.

Kind regards.