Re: IA: regular-gnustep.iso LiveCD (stable builds available)

From: Dan Hitt
Subject: Re: IA: regular-gnustep.iso LiveCD (stable builds available)
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2014 09:50:47 -0700

On Sun, Apr 13, 2014 at 1:34 AM, Michael Shigorin <mike@osdn.org.ua> wrote:
> On Sat, Apr 12, 2014 at 11:32:21PM -0700, Dan Hitt wrote:
>> Now . . . i need emacs in order to use any computer, but if i try
>>     apt-get install emacs
>> (as root) i get:
>>     E: Couldn't find package emacs
>>
>> I presume this means that somehow i'm missing something in /etc/apt?
>
> Just run 'apt-get update' first :)

Thanks for your patience!  I seem to be stepping on every possible landmine.

apt-get update (as root) does work, so emacs is up and i can proceed.

Anyhow, one great value of this project you've cooked up is that it makes it
so simple to try out the gnustep apps.

So: a gnustep question: What is the gnustep way of turning off
caps lock so that it always functions as a control?  (I suppose it
must be in System Preferences, maybe in the Modifier Keys view?
But i don't see anything about caps lock there.)

Mike: I do have some questions about the non-gnustep portion of the
system, and have attempted again to subscribe to
https://lists.altlinux.org/mailman/subscribe/community-en

If i get in, i'll post there, and thanks for all your work in producing
this!

dan