Re: IA: regular-gnustep.iso LiveCD (stable builds available)

From: Michael Shigorin
Subject: Re: IA: regular-gnustep.iso LiveCD (stable builds available)
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2014 20:20:09 +0300

On Sun, Apr 13, 2014 at 09:50:47AM -0700, Dan Hitt wrote:
> >>     apt-get install emacs

BTW: I can add some typical packages that are well known to be
"strangely popular" among GNUstep users and developers :-)

Being a vim user I just don't know much about e.g. emacs habits.

> So: a gnustep question: What is the gnustep way of turning off
> caps lock so that it always functions as a control?  (I suppose
> it must be in System Preferences, maybe in the Modifier Keys
> view?  But i don't see anything about caps lock there.)

Wonder if there's a GNUstep XKB setup tool; see "X (using xkb)"
section of http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/MovingTheCtrlKey for
a pretty generic way though.

> [...] and thanks for all your work in producing this!

Thank you for feedback either!

--
 ---- WBR, Michael Shigorin / http://altlinux.org
  ------ http://opennet.ru / http://anna-news.info