Re: Plans for ahead

From: Germán Arias
Subject: Re: Plans for ahead
Date: Sat, 28 Nov 2015 23:48:18 -0600

Hi,

El dom, 29-11-2015 a las 00:05 -0500, Gregory Casamento escribió:
> Riccardo,
>
> On Sat, Nov 28, 2015 at 10:25 AM, Riccardo Mottola
> <riccardo.mottola@libero.it> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > David Chisnall wrote:
> >>
> >> I agree.  The FreeBSD GNUstep packages include a lot of things, but you
> >> need to do a lot of tinkering to make them integrate even vaguely with
> >> typical environments.  For the ones that we use in the lab, I’ve configured
> >> a more modern looking theme[1] and the in-window menus.  With this, the
> >> apps
> >> still look fairly distinctive, but work quite well and people don’t
> >> complain.
> >

> > I absolutely want "our" menus, they are distinctive and useful and if I were
> > to make a reference distribution, I'd want to retain that.
>
> They are OLD.   More important than their usefulness is what they
> invoke and that is they make people think that we are NeXTSTEP and
> OPENSTEP only.  Like it or not our old look is part of our problem.
> I'm sorry you don't like this fact, but it is based on tons of first
> hand observation over the last ten years.
>
> GC

I don't think so. I think the problem is that there isn't enough
presence of GNUstep on internet. I mean youtube, blogs, images ... If
you search images of GNUstep. most of them show gnustep using the
default theme. So we need upload more images showing GNUstep on Gnome,
KDE, Windows.... We need more videos on youtube about how use GNUstep on
other desktops and OSs. The vertical menu is not the problem, the
problem is when people think that GNUstep don't offers more options.

Germán