Re: Plans for ahead

From: richard
Subject: Re: Plans for ahead
Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2015 15:53:00 +1300

I think Fred may have felt that the comment about being late with Wayland was directed personally. In fact he was the first to suggest using it (as he's argued for leveraging things like Cairo and open GL, against some opposition).

I tried to get some wayland examples installed/working before leaving home, without success. I'm sure I can get it working, but the main Linux distributions are definitely not ready for it yet, so I think if we jump on it now, we won't be too late, and other people will have done most of the heavy lifting for us.

If Fred is interested, perhaps he and I could get something working over the Christmas period.

Sent from my android device.