Re: Swift is now open source (Apache 2 License)

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: Swift is now open source (Apache 2 License)
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2015 11:26:30 +0100

Mr Chan,

enduring your posts to this mailing list is really hard.
Elsewhere you would be considered essentially a troll. Our list are usually quite open.

Maxthon Chan wrote:
You are tying yourself down by a religion (kind of reminding me of conservative
Christians’ POV on gay rights) while I am being utilitarian.

I think this analogy is a bit far fetched and quite out of place.

Just move the project to somewhere more responsive and get the work rolling,
then at out spare time argue and decide which platform to migrate to.

Perhaps some people here do have an ideology, because this is a real open source project and part of the FSF. Other may not feel so strongly about it as others, but this comment is again out of place. Take your "commercial" attitude away. I don't get a paycheck for working on GNUstep, neither do most of people here. So I don't need a boss which tells me to follow the latest marketing trend.

"get the work rolling". Work is rolling, commits are flowing.
Where are your patches? Where is your work?

Please take a more respectful attitude.

Regards,
Riccardo

GNUstep maintainer