Re: Swift is now open source (Apache 2 License)

From: Maxthon Chan
Subject: Re: Swift is now open source (Apache 2 License)
Date: Fri, 04 Dec 2015 18:37:50 +0800

> On Dec 4, 2015, at 18:26, Riccardo Mottola <riccardo.mottola@libero.it> wrote:
>
> Mr Chan,
>
> enduring your posts to this mailing list is really hard.
> Elsewhere you would be considered essentially a troll. Our list are usually
> quite open.
>
> Maxthon Chan wrote:
>> You are tying yourself down by a religion (kind of reminding me of
>> conservative Christians’ POV on gay rights) while I am being utilitarian.
>
> I think this analogy is a bit far fetched and quite out of place.

This comment is targeted at Svetlana who religiously stick to the “FSF List of
Criteria of Project Hosting Service” disregarding the single most important
criteria - accessibility. When I cannot access Savannah at all how can I
contribute in the first place? I cannot even pull the code.

>> Just move the project to somewhere more responsive and get the work rolling,
>> then at out spare time argue and decide which platform to migrate to.
>
> Perhaps some people here do have an ideology, because this is a real open
> source project and part of the FSF. Other may not feel so strongly about it
> as others, but this comment is again out of place.
> Take your "commercial" attitude away. I don't get a paycheck for working on
> GNUstep, neither do most of people here. So I don't need a boss which tells
> me to follow the latest marketing trend.
>
> "get the work rolling". Work is rolling, commits are flowing.
> Where are your patches? Where is your work?

Once again, I am prevented from committing my work. I once attempted to
refactor some components but no I never got a chance to commit it back and now
that code long have vanished when my backup space is full.