Re: crash upon startup in GWorkcenter, Recycler, ProjectCenter and Gorm

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: crash upon startup in GWorkcenter, Recycler, ProjectCenter and Gorm
Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2017 09:42:41 +0000

> On 23 Dec 2017, at 09:32, Richard Frith-Macdonald
> <richard.frith-macdonald@theengagehub.com> wrote:
>

> So the difference between the offsets in the runtime (correct) and the
> compiler (wrong) was 16 bytes, with the runtime thinking the strruct size was
> 32 and trhe compiler thinking it was 16;
>
> It seems the compiler is sizing the structure as if it contained a pointer
> and two integers when it should actually be two pointers and three integers;

No, my mistake, that's rubbish ... on a 64bit processor the fieldds only occupy
28 bytes, so the 32 byte offset is produced by alignment rules rounding up to a
16byte boundery.
In that case, the offsets calculated by the compiler would be consistent with
it ignoring the two __unsafe_unretained pointers.  Perhaps that is a clue?