Re: Problem with GNUtls 3.6.7

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: Problem with GNUtls 3.6.7
Date: Mon, 27 May 2019 11:24:00 +0100

> On 27 May 2019, at 11:11, Fred Kiefer <fredkiefer@gmx.de> wrote:
>
> I have GNUTLS 3.6.7 on my machine as well, but never had an issue with it.
> Are you sure that you did reconfigure and recompile GNUstep base from
> scratch? Perhaps give it another try and report back. (Remember to use „make
> clean“ first!)
>
> Hope this helps,
> Fred
>
>> Am 27.05.2019 um 02:00 schrieb Germán Arias <germanandre@gmx.es>:
>>
>> Some days ago my system (PCLinuxOS) update the GNUtls library to version
>> 3.6.7. And now the gnustep apps don't work. So, I try to recompile all,
>> but now I get the error:
>>
>> Linking tool autogsdoc ...
>> /usr/bin/ld: ../Source/./obj/libgnustep-base.so: undefined reference to
>> `gnutls_anon_allocate_client_credentials@GNUTLS_3_4'
>>
>> Is this a problem with the gnutls library? Or gnustep is not compatible
>> with this version of gnutls?

I'm going to guess that where the loader is complaining about a missing symbol
containing GNUTLS_3_4 it's that the code was linked with version 3.4.? of the
library and what is now installed is 3.6.7

That would mean that things have *not* been recompiled/rebuilt.  Since it's the
base library that's linked with gnutles (unless other stuff is linked with it),
My guess is that what's required in gnustep-base is a
make clean
make install
sequence.