Re: GWorkspace and new ABI

From: Johannes Brakensiek
Subject: Re: GWorkspace and new ABI
Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2019 07:56:41 +0100

On 4 Nov 2019, at 7:07, Svetlana Tkachenko wrote:

I think clang-8 is in backports.
Is that better than the external repository, or it does not matter?

Thank you for that hint. Wasn’t aware of that. Yes, I think that’s better, because we do not have to add a repo key and it’s probably integrated better. I’ll change that when I have some spare time.

Is it a good idea to add a link to the script from the official download page?
http://www.gnustep.org/resources/sources.html

Well, I would not link it on a top level page as that script does not use stable releases for building. It can break any time and I do not have time to keep it up to date and support it for whatever period.

If we’d manage to build some stable and up to date packages (built with clang/runtime 2.0) for distribution package managers, it would be nice if those were linked, imho.

Regards,
Johannes