Re: Which ObjC2.0 features are missing in the latest GCC?

From: Yavor Doganov
Subject: Re: Which ObjC2.0 features are missing in the latest GCC?
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2019 22:01:34 +0200

[ Posting this via NNTP, hope it works. ]

Ivan Vučica wrote:
> Distro packagers should also voice their opinion on whether they can
> switch to Clang (and, hopefully, libobjc2), which I'd invite them to
> do no matter what the decision is on presence of Clang-dependent
> code in GNUstep core libs.

I guess distro packagers who prefer Clang (or have no reasonable
choice as that is the default and perhaps the only compiler on their
distro) have made their choice already.

Regarding Debian, I would like to point out that I cannot speak for
them.  I am neither a Debian Developer nor a Debian Maintainer.  I
also cannot speak for the Debian GNUstep team as I don't hold any
special position there.

But I'll have to repeat what I've said several times to fellow team
members and other people asking me the question "Why Debian's GNUstep
doesn't switch to Clang?".  The answer is simple: because there's a
lot to lose and nothing to gain.