Re: Package building

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: Package building
Date: Sat, 23 Nov 2019 15:48:48 +0100

On 11/20/19 12:28 PM, David Chisnall wrote:

I'm happy to take contributions for the assembly paths for other architectures.  We currently have:

- x86-32
- x86-64
- AArch32
- AArch64
- MIPS (at least n64 works, I think o32 and n32 are there but untested).

I passionately hate PowerPC assembly, so will definitely not write that myself, but anyone who wants to add it is very welcome to do so.  I will probably get around to adding RISC-V support at some point.

this list only lacks in my interest:

- MIPS LittleEndian (as soon as I get the small project with Nikolaus actually do something useful) or is your implementation already endian-independent?

- PPC32 (the only thing I have access to) and PPC64 to be accepted by the mainstream users today

- SPARC32 and SPARC64

sadly, it has been ages I touched PPC  (which as much as I love CPU concept, always hated when working in assembly) and SPARC code, but it would be a nice addition.

On both PPC and SPARC I only use GCC, but... if that works, I'd be tickled to work lower level again.

Riccardo