Re: Which ObjC2.0 features are missing in the latest GCC?

From: H. Nikolaus Schaller
Subject: Re: Which ObjC2.0 features are missing in the latest GCC?
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2019 10:50:03 +0100

Am 25.11.2019 um 10:37 schrieb Gregory Casamento <greg.casamento@gmail.com>:

I forgot...

"What's to gain" should also contain:

* Simplification of the code.  We will not have to use any #define macros in order to bridge the gap between what are, essentially, two different languages.

I think this is the core of the discussion, that we are talking about two different languages.

So what is the language of GNUstep?
Should GNUstep follow the turns defined by Apple and clang and give up its own direction - or should it drive straight ahead with what is here?

I.e. is GNUstep a follower for some not-well-defined mainstream or does it have its own goals and directions?

-- hns