Re: Which ObjC2.0 features are missing in the latest GCC?

From: Johannes Brakensiek
Subject: Re: Which ObjC2.0 features are missing in the latest GCC?
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2019 15:02:22 +0100

Hi Yavor,

On 25 Nov 2019, at 14:34, Yavor Doganov wrote:

Off the top of my head, Rik theme is about the single piece of
software that can't be built on stock Debian because of us sticking to
GCC.  NEXTSPACE relies on custom patches to GNUstep core, which means
that you'll have to build your own GNUstep environment anyway so you
may as well configure it for Clang and the new runtime.

thank you for making clear your point. I understood GNUstep would have to provide an updated runtime for all supported architectures and upstream software/applications that rely on clang and its features to make the Debian maintainers distribute it.

It’s good to know what to do now. ;)

Johannes