XCode project to GNUstep GNUmakefile within ProjectCenter

From: Patrick Cardona
Subject: XCode project to GNUstep GNUmakefile within ProjectCenter
Date: Tue, 07 Jul 2020 19:41:09 +0200

Hi All,

I am looking for some Password manager, very simple, like Yapet (which is ncurses) or Keepass but with the consistency and the guidelines of a GNUstep/Openstep app.

I found some targeted projects like these :

- MiniKeePass
https://github.com/Letterus/MiniKeePass

- myPassword
https://github.com/xcvista/myPassword

But those are XCode projects, without GNUmakefile, and so I did not find yet how to convert an XCode project.

I read docs on the Web about the apparently deprecated buildtool... And it seems that ProjectManager could now read XCode projects and generate the GNUmakefile, but I did not find the way to do it. I tried a few things, like installing Xcode.framework, but this did not add new actions in the ProjectCenter menu and when I try to open an XCode project within PC, no file seems avaible to.
I a missing something, but could not find it by myself.

P.S.: Do You know that the link supplied to "GNUstep Build Guide", i.e.
http://www.gnustep.net/Documentation/BuildGuide/develop.html from the page http://www.gnustep.org/experience/ProjectCenter.html#Documentation is now targeted to a blog about gambling, with an obvious abuse of the the name "gnustep" in its title... ?

Cheers,
Patrick