Re: XCode project to GNUstep GNUmakefile within ProjectCenter

From: Gregory Casamento
Subject: Re: XCode project to GNUstep GNUmakefile within ProjectCenter
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2020 15:45:59 -0400

The only thing I see stopping you from building MacPass is it's dependency on Carbon.  It's been 19 years, folks.  Carbon should be a thing of the distant past, though some could say the same about Cocoa, it's kind of weird to still have things which depend on Carbon.   That being said we do have a library called "Boron" which is supposed to be a replacement for Carbon, but I haven't used it so I am unaware of it's completeness.   Using Carthage under Linux and GNUstep might not work, but I am pretty certain, from a glance, that it would not be too hard to get it to work under GNUstep.

GC

Hi Johannes,

On 2020-07-07 21:42:24 +0200 Johannes Brakensiek <johannes@brakensiek.info> wrote:

> On 7 Jul 2020, at 20:39, Gregory Casamento wrote:
>
>> The two TARGETED apps you mentioned are also both UIKit apps which we
>> currently don't support.
>
> The corresponding AppKit app is MacPass, which surely would be worth a try to
> port it. I’d not expect it to compile using GNUstep without changes though.
>
> https://github.com/MacPass/MacPass

Thank You for the link. I will try it soon, when I shall be enough experienced with buildtool.

Cheers,
Patrick C.

--
Gregory Casamento