Re: Code of Conduct...

From: H. Nikolaus Schaller
Subject: Re: Code of Conduct...
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2020 09:13:56 +0100

I have read it but have no idea which tangible problem this project has, which
a code of conduct could solve...

And when reading the linked document there are words of caution:

"Do not simply add the Contributor Covenant to your project and assume that any
problems with civility, harassment, or discrimination will be solved. As a
project maintainer you must be committed to enforcing the code of conduct. A
code of conduct without enforcement sends a false signal that your project is
welcoming and inclusive, and can create a dangerous situation for marginalized
people who participate. Adding the Contributor Covenant to a project places
responsibility on the project team that must not be taken lightly.

Before adopting the Contributor Covenant take the time to discuss and decide
how to deal with problems as they emerge. Document the policy and procedure for
enforcement, and add it to your README or in another visible, appropriate
place. Consider if your project team has the willingness and maturity to follow
through on your enforcement procedures."

So I am quite sure it will create more problems (while discussing these topics)
instead of solving a single one (like having more users, more developers, fix
bugs, improve documentation etc.).

And, I have seen so many projects and societies having such codes but those who
should care don't. And those who already do have to read/sign more paperwork.

my 2ct for a happier new year, hns