Re: [ML] Hosting of gnustep.org

From: Johannes Brakensiek
Subject: Re: [ML] Hosting of gnustep.org
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2021 22:10:42 +0100

Thank you for your work, Alex.

On 19 Jan 2021, at 21:36, Alessandro Sangiuliano wrote:

So you have a theme with some eye-candy (around the net you can find other screenshots) but needs to be "ported" on libobjc2 2.0, and i repeat, the port is quite important. It is probably not so difficult to port it, so if you want, you can try to port it, and do pull requests.

I once began to try a port: https://github.com/Letterus/rik.theme/tree/fix_private_ivar_access

This branch compiles, but graphical animations do not work. Probably because I were on a wrong track when trying to replace the private ivar access at some point. That runtime magic is a little bit too complicated for me as a (Obj)C newbie. So I’d be glad if anybody more experienced with C pointers and the ObjC runtime would give a try to finish the port.

Johannes