Category Unknown ?

From: Andreas Buff
Subject: Category Unknown ?
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2021 10:30:10 +0200

Hi!

I am new to GNUstep.

I am building an executable on Linux. Using include
`$(GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES)/tool.make`.

It's linked to a static lib that has also be build with GNUstep. The lib
contains Categories.

The executable builds fine but has errors at runtime not recognizing
methods defined in the static lib's Category:

"Uncaught exception NSInvalidArgumentException, reason:
ClassNameOfClassTheCategoryExtends(instance) does not recognize
nameOfMethodInCategory"

I am trying to fix that by passing `-ObjC` to the linker flags (also
tried `-all_load`) in the executable's GNUmakefile:

`ADDITIONAL_LDFLAGS =  -ObjC -all_load`

But that seems to be ignored by clang. Here is the relevant output of
`make install messages=yes debug=yes`

```
clang: warning: argument unused during compilation: '-ObjC'
[-Wunused-command-line-argument]
clang: warning: argument unused during compilation: '-all_load'
[-Wunused-command-line-argument]
```

Any help or hint is appreciated.

🖖