Re: [DotGNU]IDE proposal - Eclipse/SharpDevelop announcement

From: Mike Krüger
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]IDE proposal - Eclipse/SharpDevelop announcement
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2002 21:44:40 +0100

Hi

> > Btw. eclipse is not free, it is open source, but it
> > is not free.
> >

> That's rather confusing.  Could you please explain
> this?

Sorry, my mistake. I've looked at Eclipse and it falls under the CPL (Common
Public License).
And this is as far as I remember this is a "free" license. (correct me, if
I'm wrong).

btw. SharpDevelop .87b is released (www.icsharpcode.net/OpenSource/SD)
(NAnt, NUnit, NDoc, NZipLib,NCvsLibrary for .NET 1.0 are included too.)

It requires the .NET RTM Version.

+ Completly written in C#
+ Released under GPL
+ Flexible plugin system