bootstrapping and CLUErs (was Re: [DotGNU]WikiTexi)

From: S11001001
Subject: bootstrapping and CLUErs (was Re: [DotGNU]WikiTexi)
Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2002 19:01:08 -0600

Jonathan P Springer wrote:

After the mails that have flown around regarding documentation, I've posted the result of some research and thinking I did at

   <http://members.bellatlantic.net/~vze2mqqv/wikitexi-req.html>

I have read this. :)

I should point out three important stipulations that should apply to the whole DGDE project (not an IDE):

1. People should be able to participate even without X, preferably using existing tools. It has been mentioned already that there are many who prefer to continue developing in a command-line environment. This is not to say that any of the DE components should have CLUE counterparts; just something to be aware of in system design.

2. It should bootstrap with minimal support (not kdelib or gnomelib, GTK and Qt are ok)

3. Depends only on free software.

Otherwise, you have clearly gone more into this than I ever would have ;) Thanks for taking the project!

--
People disagree with me.  I just ignore them.
        -- Linus Torvalds, regarding the use of C++ for the Linux kernel