[DotGNU]Mac OS X PInvoke question

From: Mark Easton
Subject: [DotGNU]Mac OS X PInvoke question
Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 15:36:59 +0100

I've just been looking into getting PythonNet running on PNET 0.5.10
under Mac OSX and have a quick question that I'm hoping someone will
understand.

PythonNet relies on the Python shared library which is python22.dll on
Win32, libpython2.2.so on GNU/Linux and libpython2.2.dylib on Mac OSX.
I was just investigating the issue when I got told it's preferable to
use Mac OSX framework libraries than natural shared libraries.

Now I'm guessing that there ain't a virgin's chance in hell of these hi
falutin' framework libraries being usable from PNET's PInvoke (or anyone
else's PInvoke for that matter) but if there's someone out there who has
been playing with PNET's PInvoke on Mac OSX (if indeed such a thing
works) or someone that knows their framework libraries from their elbow,
then please could you give me a shove in the right direction

Cheers

Mark