[DotGNU]Framework Interop on Mac OS/X & platform issues

From: Oscar Papel
Subject: [DotGNU]Framework Interop on Mac OS/X & platform issues
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 22:41:16 +0000

Hello,

I just wanted to post that Mac Framework Interop works great. I had to hard code the path to the Framework like so:

[DllImport("/Library/Frameworks/Test.Framework/Test", CallingConvention=CallingConvention.StdCall)]
private static extern void Foo();

I was quite shocked that this worked at all.
I would like to avoid hardcoding the path, however.
How would I add this path to the standard search path?

Also, this code obviously only works on a Mac.
Unfortunately, dotGNU always returns "Unix" for the current platform in Environment.OSVersion.Platform.

Would it be possible to have Environment.OSVersion.Platform return more specific platform info?
i.e. Mac OS/X, linux, Solaris, IRIX, etc?

Currently, I'm checking for
Platform="Unix" and
BitConverter.IsLittleEndian=False

but this will also be true for many other platforms.

Thanks again,

looking forward to 0.1

Oscar.