Re: [DotGNU]Framework Interop on Mac OS/X & platform issues

From: Oscar Papel
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Framework Interop on Mac OS/X & platform issues
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 17:40:05 +0000

ilrun -L /Library/Frameworks/Test.Framework/ a.exe

would have worked even if it was DllImport("Test") ...
wouldn't it ?

I just tried it and got a DllNotFoundException, as before
I don't know why.  It should work.

also, I've noticed that you cannot pass a variable to DllImport for the libraryname.

public const string LibName="...";
[DllImport(LibName)] public static void Foo();

this does compile with dotNET but not with dotGNU

cscc error : 'LibName' is not declared in the current scope

It may have to do with Foo being static but it has to be static and you can't mark a string as static:

cscc error : 'static' cannot be used in this context

The fact that it is 'const' should be enough.

Any ideas?

Oscar