Re: [DotGNU]Framework Interop on Mac OS/X & platform issues

From: Gopal V
Subject: Re: [DotGNU]Framework Interop on Mac OS/X & platform issues
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 01:47:54 -0700 (PDT)

--- Oscar Papel <address@hidden> wrote:
> >ilrun -L /Library/Frameworks/Test.Framework/ a.exe
> >
> >would have worked even if it was DllImport("Test")
> >wouldn't it ?
>
> I just tried it and got a DllNotFoundException, as
> before
> I don't know why.  It should work.
>
> also, I've noticed that you cannot pass a variable
> to DllImport for the
> libraryname.
>
> public const string LibName="...";
> [DllImport(LibName)] public static void Foo();
>
> this does compile with dotNET but not with dotGNU
>
> cscc error : 'LibName' is not declared in the
> current scope

I know exactly what is going wrong here ... it's
a compiler bug (obviously). The compiler is using
the global scope to resolve LibName ... Log a bug.
Because I cannot fix it as of now :-( .

Or you could dig around in cscc/csharp/cs_attrs.c
to see how and where the postional args are resolved.
It should be failing at the EvalConst ...

Hope that helps,

Gopal