dragora-devel

Re: [Dragora-devel] Website, new proposition (call for votation)

From: kelsoo
Subject: Re: [Dragora-devel] Website, new proposition (call for votation)
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2016 20:16:05 +0000

On 2016-02-15 20:24, Matias A. Fonzo wrote:
Hi Guys,

I've done some pending updates in the server: rsync, openssh, openssl.
It's working like a charm now.

Beside to the server, and reflecting a bit about what is said in the
IRC about github (thinking in git).  I'm in doubt about what to wear
again for the website.  I am slightly tired of manual things, I would
like to focus more the attention to finish the new version instead to
try to configure and setup Oddmuse in this moment, for example.

Looking at Fossil again, fossil has everything that we need, and does
not require much work to start to work.  There are two cons for fossil:

  - It uses a bit of javascript (probably some people can't login, but
    if you have fossil locally, the entire website/tickets/wiki/commits
    can be obtained completely).

  - I don't know if exists a mirror system like http://repo.or.cz but
    for Fossil.

Let me know all your opinions, and I'm going to go on that path, which
decide. Certainly, that if it is more manual I will need more help.

I won't be doing anything technical so have no real feelings on that side of the website. I would like it to be plain and functional on a wide range of browsers. That's about it for me. Nice n simple. I like a site to be easy to follow and fast to use. I don't care for anything that makes me wait for content. If fossil works best, I'm happy.