dragora-devel

Re: [Dragora-devel] Website, new proposition (call for votation)

From: sseche sseche
Subject: Re: [Dragora-devel] Website, new proposition (call for votation)
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2016 20:26:42 -0300

I am a little confused.
Development changes of Dragora will be move to Fossil on dragora.org server instead of Savannah?
If yes, I really like the idea, cause in addition it has the home/wiki features, if no, i'm not sure cause is like using a hammer to screw, sure it will do the work but maybe is not the best tool for it.

Meanwhile, if everybody agrees, I can copy the text from the actual homepage of dragora.org, make a local html plain file, start working on CSS and upload somewhere so everybody can see if they like it or not and make changes.
That way, no matter what platform is choosen afterwards, we will have the CSS design done.
I can start working this weekend.

Hi Guys,

I've done some pending updates in the server: rsync, openssh, openssl.
It's working like a charm now.

Beside to the server, and reflecting a bit about what is said in the
IRC about github (thinking in git).  I'm in doubt about what to wear
again for the website.  I am slightly tired of manual things, I would
like to focus more the attention to finish the new version instead to
try to configure and setup Oddmuse in this moment, for example.

Looking at Fossil again, fossil has everything that we need, and does
not require much work to start to work.  There are two cons for fossil:

  - It uses a bit of _javascript_ (probably some people can't login, but
    if you have fossil locally, the entire website/tickets/wiki/commits
    can be obtained completely).

  - I don't know if exists a mirror system like http://repo.or.cz but
    for Fossil.

Let me know all your opinions, and I'm going to go on that path, which
decide. Certainly, that if it is more manual I will need more help.